By Maureen C. McMahon, Glenn R. Stryjewski
Pediatrics: A Competency-Based Companion, by way of Maureen C. McMahon, MD and Glenn R. Stryjewski, MD, MPH, is designed to coach you to think like an skilled clinician. the one textual content written within the framework of the middle knowledge built by means of the ACGME, its case-based process illustrates the thought techniques that powerful practitioners use to method and assessment universal pediatric presentations.
* Master ACGME middle Competencies by using a color-coded process that lets you combine evidence-based drugs, continuous self-assessment, and realization of interpersonal abilities into your day-by-day routine.
* Access the high-yield middle info you would like for pediatric rotations in a transportable, pocket-sized structure that organizes the most typical, must-know pediatric signs/symptoms and problems through sufferer presentation.
* Learn to work out the "big picture" using "Teaching Visuals" chapters and "Speaking Intelligently" and "Clinical Thinking" good points in scientific chapters.
* Easily find extra in-depth details on any topic with references to Nelson necessities of Pediatrics, sixth Edition.
* Access the full contents online at www.studentconsult.com, besides a Competency Self-Assessment Log..."Professors' Pearls" that offer instances with questions and annotated answers...Vertical Reads...and many different beneficial properties to augment studying and retention.
* Get recommendation on coping with your occupation, time, and lifestyles open air the scientific setting through bonus on-line appendices.
* Think like an skilled clinician and be higher ready for pediatrics practice.
Read Online or Download Pediatrics A Competency-Based Companion (1st Edition) PDF
Best pediatrics books
Pediatrics: A Competency-Based significant other, by way of Maureen C. McMahon, MD and Glenn R. Stryjewski, MD, MPH, is designed to coach you to imagine like an skilled clinician. the one textual content written within the framework of the middle capabilities built by means of the ACGME, its case-based technique illustrates the concept strategies that powerful practitioners use to method and evaluation universal pediatric displays.
There's considerable facts that youngsters and teenagers in huge numbers are actively utilizing integrative (complementary and replacement) treatments. a variety of stories now point out that over 50% of pediatricians surveyed could refer a sufferer for integrative treatment, and they'd welcome extra traditional remedies for kids supplied they have been secure and potent.
Overlaying all features of the syllabus, ''Crash Course'' will give you a quick method to recap on all you must be aware of to get throughout the checks comfortably! Styled in an easy-to-follow, simply available structure, every one e-book has been ready via senior clinical scholars or junior medical professionals - below school supervision - to offer you the right kind point of data precisely as you wish it!
A Doody's middle name for 2015. the main up to date, easy-to-use consultant to the prognosis, figuring out, and remedy of the clinical difficulties of youngsters from start via adolescenceFor greater than 70 years, professors, scholars, and clinicians have relied on LANGE for high quality, present, concise scientific info in a handy, cheap, moveable structure.
- Rutter's child and adolescent psychiatry
- Childhood Epilepsy: Management from Diagnosis to Remission
- Children and Young People's Nursing at a Glance
- Paediatric Drug Handling (ULLA Postgraduate Pharmacy Series)
Extra resources for Pediatrics A Competency-Based Companion (1st Edition)
American Society for Nutritional Sciences, 2000 1, 251-254. Childhood Obesity in Transitional Countries: A South African Perspective 35  Aristimuno, GG; Foster, TA; Voors, AW; Srinivasan, SR; Berenson, GS. Influence of persistent obesity in children on cardiovascular risk factors. Circulation, 1984 69, 895-904.  Asayama, K; Hayashi, K; Hayashibe, H; Uchida, N; Kodera, K; Nakazawa, S.
Jinabhai and collaborators conducted a study in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa, on rural primary school children aged 8 to 11 years (see ). 9 %) and boys significantly more stunted than the girls. Evidently, results from the cross-sectional study conducted in the North-West Province of South Africa by Mukuddem-Petersen and a coworker showed that distinct gender differences exist. In particular, mean TSF is smaller at a later age in boys than in girls (10 to 15 years). Furthermore, WC in boys is slightly smaller at 14 years old with the girls’ WC suddenly increasing at 14 and 15 years of age (see ).
As regards health promotion programmes, many studies recommend that regular, enjoyable physical activity, a healthy diet and acceptance of the normal range of body shapes should be encouraged. Children should be encouraged to increase physical activity by helping to set their own activity goal, monitor activity performance and provide incentives for reaching the activity goal. Family activity patterns should be reviewed and improved (see  and ). In addition to this, regular monitoring of the anthropometric status of children and adolescents should be conducted (see, for instance, ).
Pediatrics A Competency-Based Companion (1st Edition) by Maureen C. McMahon, Glenn R. Stryjewski