By Noel Gregg PhD
Many of the literature on studying disabilities and attention-deficit/hyperactivity ailment (ADHD) makes a speciality of the desires of simple school–age little ones, yet older scholars with those stipulations additionally require major help. complete and authoritative, this e-book is helping educators and clinicians navigate the maze of legislation, rules, and clinical study in terms of diagnostic and intervention selection making for kids and adults. prime professional No?l Gregg presents transparent assistance on how one can behavior and rfile evidence-based exams and choose applicable tutorial and trying out lodgings. that includes necessary case vignettes, decision-making flowcharts, and insurance of the most recent assistive applied sciences, the ebook provides precise recognition to assisting scholars throughout the the most important transition from highschool to raised schooling or vocational settings. (20100501)
Read Online or Download Adolescents and Adults with Learning Disabilities and ADHD: Assessment and Accommodation PDF
Similar special education books
Written within the context of modern laws touching on incapacity and particular academic wishes, this functional consultant includes valuable information regarding a variety of certain academic wishes and gives transparent suggestions to assist assistants supply aid in faculties and pre-school settings. the recommendation promotes the inclusion of all scholars and indicates how you can bring up the success of each person.
Designed to advertise mirrored image, dialogue, and motion one of the whole studying neighborhood, instructing Everybody's teenagers encapsulates what study has printed approximately effectively addressing the wishes of scholars from economically, ethnically, culturally, and linguistically various teams and identifies quite a lot of potent rules and educational recommendations.
The 1st component to this learn dependent yet useful ebook has been up-to-date to ascertain the latest examine in key parts: dyslexia and the dyslexic adventure and the main cognitive and studying styles. within the gentle of elevated controversy round the use of studying type concept within the academic enviornment, feedback are made as to ways that those theories can be used to notify educating and studying and maximize luck for susceptible newbies.
- Handbook of Language and Literacy: Development and Disorders (Challenges in Language and Literacy)
- Kids' Slips: What Young Children's Slips of the Tongue Reveal About Language Development
- Autism : the eighth colour of the rainbow : learn to speak autistic
- Special Kids For Special Treatment: How Special Do You Need To Be To Find Yourself In A Special School?
- Educating Children with Fragile X Syndrome: A Multi-Professional View
- Justice and Equality in Education: A Capability Perspective on Disability and Special Educational Needs
Additional info for Adolescents and Adults with Learning Disabilities and ADHD: Assessment and Accommodation
The legal terminology pertaining to the rights and responsibilities surrounding an individual’s ability to access accommodations can be very confusing to anyone outside the legal system. 1, as a reference for professionals and consumers interested in the statutes, regulations, and litigation that provide the foundation for fair and equitable treatment of individuals with disabilities in school or work settings. Systematic and attitudinal barriers can be reduced or eliminated when both individuals and institutions obtain an understanding of their legal rights and protections.
301. As a result of debates in the field of LD focusing on the definition and the appropriate evaluation for LD, during the reauthorization of IDEA 2004 changes were made to the guidelines for identifying LD (Holdnack & Weiss, 2006; Schrank, Miller, Caterino, & Desrochers, 2006). 2) remained the same in IDEA 2004, specific modifications were made to the law relating to the identification of the disability. 3. DSM-IV-TR Criteria for ADHD A.
Scatter across cognitive, behavior, or achievement measures does not define LD or ADHD any more than a discrepancy between ability and achievement does. In addition, the age of the person (adolescent or adult rather than child), his or her educational attainment, and the task demands are all critical factors in diagnostic decision making. Not all scatter is relevant when age, task, and experience are considered. However, significant scatter across cognitive, behavior, and achievement measures does warrant further investigation.
Adolescents and Adults with Learning Disabilities and ADHD: Assessment and Accommodation by Noel Gregg PhD